Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Need My Monster...

Maybe I am the last teacher on Earth to hear of this book, but it is adorable! How I never knew of it is beyond me, but now I do and I am so glad. I picked it up last weekend during educator days at B&N because I knew I wanted to do a writing activity with it. I decided that I will read the story to my students first. Then they will draw a picture of their own monster and answer simple questions about it. After that we will work on writing descriptive paragraphs. Each student will use the answers to their questions to help them write a descriptive paragraph about their monster. And to make it extra cute, I am going to bust out the construction paper and let them "bring their monster to life", making a model of their monster that they drew. I created a couple pages to go with the activity and listed them in my TpT store for $1.50. Included is the question/illustration page as well as writing paper with cute monster clip art. Each page is available in both primary and intermediate lines. If you are short on time and just want a cute activity to go with the book, you could just have your students complete the illustration and question page. Click either of the pictures below to check out this cute activity!


My students will be working on this activity (hopefully) this week once we finish our pen pal letters (more on that soon). Once we do, I will be sure to share some of the cuteness!

Also, I just want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Tracey over at Third Grade All Stars for posting about her students working on my common and proper nouns sorting activity. I appreciate the shout out and am glad her students loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...