Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Planner Happiness

Raise your hand if you love the "school supply" aisle!!! Come on, I know you are all raising your hands. Me too! I have loved this aisle since as far back as I can remember. So when I left my teaching job after this year and moved back home (more on that later), where I can not currently teach, I said I need to find a job that will allow me to feed into my pen and supply obsession. Well, bad news is I haven't found a job yet. Good news is, I found something to fill the void in the school supply area of my life. 
My Erin Condren Life Planner. 
Last year I ordered a teacher planner, which I LOVED. It was my favorite thing in my school bag. In fact, I can't even bring myself to get rid of it! After getting that in, I decided to order a life planner. See, I am really forgetful. I mean, walk out of the room and forget what I went for forgetful. So it was my hope that this life planner would help me remember everything we had going on. Except... I never got it. I never could figure out how to make it work for me. See, I don't look at my days as morning, day, and night like the weekly pages have. I just don't function that way. Especially when my school days consisted of... work all day, do stuff at night. So it went unused for the most part, except for the monthly calendars.

But then... something hit me. I could split these 3 large boxes into 6 small boxes and make it work for me. I have a box for me, my husband, my daughter, fitness, TpT, and blogging (I have a personal blog too). And so it started like this... drawing just a few lines in and boom, perfect... or so I thought.
Then I found this amazing group of people who went ALL OUT with their planners. Washi tape, stickers, the whole nine. And then I was in love. I wanted to figure out how to do something in my life planner that would be cute but still functional. And off to shopping I went... and boy did I shop...


These are some of my favorite pens. Clicking will take you to them on amazon.
I think I am set for a while. (And there is another bucket that has post it notes, a sticker maker, stickers, etc.)

And then I got to decorating. I started with this week. Which is looking like this....

And after this little bit I decided this just wasn't it.  I wanted more. So I went to one of my many blank weeks and messed around with what I wanted to include. And came up with the perfect template for me.

I now have a spot for everything I need to include related to my life. Even if it is a little OCD of me that I had to create a template. :)

Cute, functional, and lets me indulge in office supplies.

Have you tried Erin Condren before? Thinking about it but haven't purchased yet? If you use this link and sign up for their newsletter and promotions, you will receive an email within about 48 hours for $10 off your first purchase. (From reading, it seems that because of the new 2015 life planners coming out and the mass amount of orders, the codes aren't being sent quickly, but be patient, and persistent with their customer service. They will make sure you get the code. Just save the referral link in case they ask for it.)


6 comments:

  1. Your planner looks so cute! I've seen so many using washi tape (and man your collection is awesome) and I'm thinking of implementing that too. I'm just not...busy enough? haha I never thought that'd be a complaint!


    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Anisa, the washi collection just started. And I am not "busy enough" either but I need to keep track of everything I need to do or I forget, so that is why I sectioned mine off.

      Delete
  2. I love decorating my planner! I use an EC Teacher Planner (about to start my second one at the end of the month), but in the last 2 months I bought a Kikki-K planner to use for personal stuff - because I forget things, too! - and discovered the world of planner decorating, too! So much fun!

    Your planner looks great!

    Stef @ Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered the Teacher Planner for next year! I hope I like it and I can use most of it on a day to day basis. You really organized your life planner very nicely! You inspired me! :-)
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina! Wow- thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful blog post on us, it means a lot and we love hearing positive feedback like this! we truly appreciate customers like you and are thrilled you love your life planner.
    P.S. just pinned to our Pinterest review board... www.pinterest.com/erincondren  
    Enjoy!

    The Erin Condren Team
    www.erincondren.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I've had my EC planner for a week and I've been trying to figure out how to section every thing off! Thank you for making a great blog post and giving me some inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...