Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Made It #3

I am LOVING how much I am getting done this summer. And I have Tara to thank for this because I know I just NEED to post and link up with her for
I got a TON done since my last MMI post. So much so, that I actually took a break and, GASP, stopped working. Admittedly I would have stopped anyways because we had company in from out of town and our daughter's 2nd birthday party. BUT I didn't feel stressed about not getting anything done because I was so productive earlier in the week. So without further ado... here is what I made in the past week...
I originally saw this pinned from here but I didn't want my kids to have the "outside voice" option. And I wanted these colors. So I just made my own. I don't see any reason my kids would need an "outside voice" while in my classroom, so I just didn't include it.
To go along with this, I made
These letters to hang on my whiteboard. Every time we work in groups or partners, I find myself telling the students "If I have to stop you one more time, we will be on silent". This willmake it so I don't have to say that. I will have these hanging on the board. If it gets too loud, I will simply remove one letter. If we get down to only having NO left, we immediately go on silent. Now I haven't decided if this will be for the remainder of the day or just that given activity. I am thinking just that activity, because I do A LOT of group work and can't have that messed up. I KNOW I won't have to say I am removing a letter because kids are observant and they will see it and quickly warn their friends to quiet down. (I remember seeing this on someone's blog or maybe a pin from a blog but I can't remember who now.)

The next thing was
Now I didn't MAKE this but I did cut and laminate so that counts right? I got this freebie right here and knew I had to have it. My kids have the hardest time telling time and knowing the "adult words" for telling time (as we call them). I am hoping this will help.

Then I made this
It isn't anything fancy BUT it is a good place for kids to drop notes from home, money they owe, etc instead of on my desk. I always lose things in the mess that my desk becomes and find them a couple days later (luckily it has never been anything insanely time sensitive). I am hoping this will help with some of that chaos. I found this idea on pinterest but it is an image only so I have no idea who the original idea came from.

The last thing I made that I LOVE is
My desk name tags. I made some last year to match the color scheme I went with but I needed some to match my pirate theme. Last year I had a couple problems with them. 1. Kids peeled them off their desk even though I had them taped on there completely covered with packaging tape. 2. When we wanted to rearrange (which was often) the tags had to be peeled up and moved (I had all different sized furniture so moving the desk didn't always work), meaning they eventually lost stickiness and got ruined and ripped. This year I am trying something different. I laminated them with no names. I will write the names with sharpie marker once I have a class list. And I have already prepared velcro. I am going to velcro them to desks this year so that when we rearrange I can just lift the tags and move them.

I already have about 5 more things I want to get making, but I am taking a break so that I can read the Daily 5. We will see what I get done.

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE those desk tags! Are you selling those????

    Kelly
    Koonce’s Korner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing!!
      Karen
      tommysmom0206@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. Wow you were busy this week! You made tons of great items :)
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been super productive! You are stressing me out (since I have done nothing except read about what everyone else is doing!). I need to get busy!!!! ;O)

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait till school is done for me so I can get moving!!! I need a break.. and i need crafty jack time : ) Love the cute name tags : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been with it! I really need to step up my game. All I can do is read blog posts and pin things I want to do! haha Your voice level chart is adorable and I'm pinning that one to my to do list!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your voice level chart and your NOISE word. I love the idea behind the NOISE word since I have to "remind" my kids to check their voices and tell them we'll have to be silent, too. Are you planning on having those available on TpT? I love your colors and the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listed it today... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sound-Check-and-Noise-Control-820805

      Delete
  7. Great made-its! Thanks you for sharing! I stumbled upon your blog today and am a new follower! I will be back to read future posts...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your "sound check" clip chart! I might have to steal your idea! :)

    Leslie
    Miss R's Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't my original idea. I just made it to fit my class. :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing!I love the noise chart and it will go perfect with my classroom theme of stars and chevron. I'm a new follower and will begin my first year of teaching this August. I love finding inspiration and ideas from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute stuff! I love the clock numbers!
    Testing out my comments in Bloglovin'. <3 ya girl!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Will you be selling the noise level chart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it listed finally! http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sound-Check-and-Noise-Control-820805

      Delete
  12. Could I purchase the Noise Level chart from you? Erin
    emmudie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is Erin http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sound-Check-and-Noise-Control-820805

      Delete
  13. Are you selling the Noise letters and chart?!?! I'd love to have it too!!!! hlbradley@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is up finally.. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sound-Check-and-Noise-Control-820805

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly I finally posted it. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sound-Check-and-Noise-Control-820805

      Delete
  15. I will list them separate for everyone wanting them!! I have just been bogged down with back to school. Feel free to nag me until I get them up. I have the WORST memory ever. I tried email replying to everyone's comments but most were listed as no reply addresses. I promise I will try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you have a copy of the voice level ones you made because I also do not want outside voice!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is available here. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sound-Check-and-Noise-Control-820805

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...