Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What's the matter?

We have finally finished up our unit on matter. It took a LOT longer than I wanted it to. But I really feel like my kids learned so much that it was worth it. We reviewed for their test and even things that we only mentioned briefly they knew! I was so proud. Now if only we could take the test... But that is another story...

One of the activities that we did was from this unit What's The Matter. Before completing the activity I am going to show, I showed the dancing raisins activity to get students to discuss why the raisins moved in the ginger ale and not water. We also acted out the particles of matter. Then, I let them make models of the molecules with cocoa puffs. They had a BLAST! They couldn't wait to take them home! Just look at their smarts!






1 comment:

  1. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...