Sunday, August 12, 2012

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy is ready! (And I am joining the sale)

Finally... a post of some substance! I posted yesterday about my giant to do list. I am proud to say that I do not have much left to do and I anticipate getting it completed at a decent hour tonight... assuming Payton is not too clingy and/or sick. I wanted to show you one of my grammar activities that I created. It is called Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy (hence the title of this post) and it is a sentence and fragment sort game. (I posted about it when I first started this blog and said I would share pictures once I put it all together. And now that I finally did, I am back to share.)

A few years ago I created a very similar game... except there was no theme, no cute clipart, and no recording sheet. I wanted the activity to be cute (because who doesn't love cute?!) and to have some type of theme. When I saw this clipart set I just had to have it... and since it is the first skill I teach in grammar, and it is still summer... I figured why not?! And I give you Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy...

Clicking the image should take you to the product page on TpT

Now, up until this weekend I hadn't done anything with this other than create it and be very excited to use it. Well... it is time to use it this week so I finally put it together. I decided to make 5 sets so that all of my students can work on it at the same time and I can pull a group to complete it with me. What does that mean? It means I spent at least an hour printing, cutting, laminating, cutting again, organizing, and setting it up. But in the end... I LOVE it! I think the cups might be my favorite part!

After all the cutting, I knew I needed a way to decipher the pieces for each game. We all know some of these pieces will end up on the floor and next thing I know some group has too many while another doesn't have enough and I am left to spend hours figuring out what happened. Not this year! I simply assigned each set a number and ALL pieces are numbered... even the cups are numbered.

And it is very easy storage. Stack both cups and stick the bag of pieces inside!

And there you have it. A cute little game for your kiddos to play (it could also be a center game, and it does have a challenge on the recording sheet for the early finishers/high achievers).

(I just noticed that I made a typo in my teacher notes for this activity. I originally intended to have the sentences and fragments on ice cubes but I didn't like how it looked and changed it to lemons. But in the teacher info it says something about sorting the ice cubes (but not on the student directions)... I am going to try to fix that now.)

PS... I have decided to put my items on sale from 8/11-8/13. I only did 10% because my items are priced low. Use the code BTS12 to get up to an additional 10% off from TpT (this code will only work on 8/12-8/13). Get to shoppin! I already have a ton of things ready to purchase :) (Image from Ashley)
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...