That is how long it took for me to completely lose what was left of my memory. I was determined to take pictures of my classroom today (after our week of inservice this was the first time I walked into my room for the week). Don't you know I forgot my camera at home. So I figured, ok, fine, I will take pictures with my phone and just use those. Well then I got carried away and forgot!
So what have I got for you after a week of no posts? I give you a completely exhausted blogger/teacher/mommy who can't even think straight. But I do have some questions for my 50 (FIFTY!!) followers...
1. What is the average class size where you teach? My class this year is STARTING with 22 kids. I have NEVER started with that many. Ended with that many yes. Even a week into the year had that many yes. But STARTED with that many... no way! I am a little nervous here because my room is insanely small (half of a portable) and I only have 23 desks and minimal room for any more!
2. Does anyone teach in an IB school? If so, do you have any resources, sites, ideas, tips, help, ways to keep my sanity for me?!
Ok and now for my currently (my first one!) I am linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade for August Currently...
Ok so my there B2S must haves...
1. My laminator. I have had it for years and I have used it so much this summer that I think it is on the outs. I think I finished everything I need so far thankfully. But I foresee me needing a new one soon.
2. My copier. We have a limited number of copies each month (400 to be exact). And with 22+ kids and a couple tests a week and a newsletter required each week, those 400 copies don't get you very far. So a couple years ago I forked over the $250 and bought my own copy machine for home. The toner is about $80 and I usually use 1-2 a year. It may seem expensive but it is worth it for me to not have to worry about being short a few copies. And I also don't have to get to school extra early to use the machine if I forgot to do something. I can do it from home.
3. My 31 school bag. I love love love it! I got this pattern (sorry this is so small, I don't have a picture of mine so I used the image from the 31 catalog).
and I put an open top file box inside it. I am obsessed with it. And I love that I can just take the box out if I need the bag for something else (I used it when I took a photography class to put all my stuff inside).
Well...my procrastination must come to an end. My husband will be home from work in about an hour and I would like to be done working for the night by the time he gets home! I promise once this to do list is done I will work on some posts with substance!