Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday

First of all, I had this post all written and accidentally deleted it. So forgive me that this one isn't going to be as swell as the rest of them. Now... I almost didn't manage to get it done in time to post for this week. Not because it wasn't a good book, because it was. But because I am so tired that I read a few pages and fall asleep. This week's book is Misery Loves Cabernet.
This book is the follow up to last week's book A Total Waste of Makeup. You can find my blog post about that one here. If you plan on reading that one, you may want to save this post for another day because a tiny bit of information is about to be given away....

Charlie is happily with Jordan... until his job takes him to Paris. They decide to take a break, but she is always wondering and analyzing his emails. In the midst of the "are we or aren't we together" feelings Charlie is having, Liam, an old crush of Charlie's and now producer, asks Charlie to convince Drew (her actor boss) to read a script for the low budget film he is producing. The selling point for Charlie- part of the film will be filmed in Paris. Drew reads and agrees to be in the film... and then wreaks havoc on the set (which just happens to be Liam's house). Charlie starts developing feelings for Liam... all while trying to figure out what is going on with Jordan.

Throughout the entire book I was waiting to see who she would end up with... even with 15 pages left in the book! It was another laugh out loud book for me, and those are my favorites. Between Drew's antics and Charlie's family, you just can't help but laugh! The only thing is... I am honestly not sure how I feel about the ending of this one. It wasn't bad... just wasn't what I expected. And I like a straightforward ending... and while there was an ending.. I feel like Charlie's story could continue.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, read it! I knew the cover again as soon as I saw it. I finally finished the Divergent series this weekend. I need to decide what I'm going to read next. So many hundreds of choices on my Kindle. Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...