2. Miss V's Busy Bees has reached 200 fans and is having a HUGE giveaway! Check it out here. There are a ton of great prizes and it is open until July 31.
Ok onto the awards... I can't believe I have gotten awards already! Too sweet you all are :)
I was given this award by: Andi at Mommy, Teacher, and so much more... , Jessica at Tales of a First Grade Teacher, and Alex at The School Potato (she also gave me the...)
Ok so to accept the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you... done
2. Include a link to their site... done
3. Include the award image in your post... done
4. Give 7 random facts about your self... see below
5. Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and let them know. (nominated... need to comment however little miss things that playing with kool aid drinks is a good idea, so I will have to do that later on).
and the Liebster Blog (can I say I love the title of this one since I took German in school...)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their site... done
2. Present to 5 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and let them know by commenting on their blog and linking to their site... see below
7 random facts about me....
1. I am terrified of things that fly. Living things that is. Birds, ladybugs, butterflies... anything that can fly I do not mesh well with. My students try to bring me ladybugs at recess and I have to shoo them away. And when wasps got in our classroom... good grief. It's a good thing I had some brave boys who handled that for me. It was a system we had down to a science and those boys got the wasps out of the room in under a minute without anyone (including the wasps) getting hurt.
2. I love Disney World. So much that we spent a 2 week honeymoon there. And given the chance, I would do it all over. I do not regret for one second not going somewhere romantic or tropical. Disney is the happiest place on Earth and I would go every year if I could. In fact, I went in 2006 with my friend when she graduated college, 2007 with the same friend, my husband, and our friend for my graduation (and got engaged that trip), with my best friend and MOH in the beginning of June 2009 and a bachelorette getaway (I am not the typical party girl so I didn't want a real party) and then at the end of June 2009 for our honeymoon (so yes, if you added that up I spent 3 weeks in Disney over the course of a month), and then in 2010 with our friends for our 1 year and their 3 year anniversary. I haven't gone since and won't be back until 2014... it.is.killing.me.
3. I love to read. Love love love it. But hate that I can't do it as often as I would like to during the school year. My favorite genre is chick-lit. I don't have one favorite author but once I find an author I like, I will read every book they write. Some favorites- Meg Cabot, Emily Giffin, Erynn Mangum, Sarah Strohmeyer, Beth Harbison, Gemma Halliday (I am currently reading her high heel murder mysteries and they are hysterical), I could go on and on... I have 46 books on my nook library, 188 on the wishlist and probably about 70 on my shelf...
4. I also love to sew but that is another thing I don't have much time for. I started learning about 7 years ago and took a few years off but want to get back into it. I am really good at making pillowcase dresses for my daughter.
5. I am never sure where I will be in a few years. I change my mind constantly. Some days I want to be in Florida, others Atlanta, and other times back home in WNY. It is a battle all the time.
6. My husband and I have been together for 7 years (married 3). Before we moved, we had season tickets to the Buffalo Bills. Now we have to watch the games on tv and travel to a game each year. Last year we didn't go to any games because I was pregnant and this year I don't know that we will go because of the timing of the games we would want to go to. Someday the Bills will win the Super Bowl... hopefully it is in my lifetime.
7. I used to think that being a stay at home mom would be the best thing in the world. And last year when I went back to work after maternity leave, I crunched every number possible to figure out if it was possible. Luckily it wasn't because I am good at being a temporary SAHM but I realized that I am the type of person that has to work. I can't not have a job. I slack when I am not working. Even in college... my freshman year, no job, not a good year. My sophomore year, got a job, pulled all nighters, wrote 15 page papers the night before they were due, and got As in everything. I am just one of those people that can't handle having too much free time.
Now I am giving these awards to:
Liebster Blog I am nominating...
Andi from Mommy Teacher and So much more
Jessica from Tales of a First Grade Teacher
Tracey from Third Grade All Stars
Dray from Second Grade is Sweet
Ms. G in Grade Three
Kate at EduKate and Inspire
Sara at Miss V's Busy Bees
Tracey from Third Grade All Stars
Aimee from Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks
Ok I am breaking the rules and only giving the Versatile award to 4 people. I was trying really hard to make sure I gave it to new people. Thanks girls for all the love on this brand new adventure of mine!